Layout of the site
Users can modify the presentation of the
website, and particularly the font size, as the layout is based on relative units (em and percentages), rather than absolutes (pixels) (priority 2).
To modify the font size:
- Ctrl + mouse scroll wheel
- or "Affichage / Taille du texte" (Display / text size) menu
Top of the page
Navigation and Links
- the map of the site (plan du site) is accessible via a link provided at the bottom of each page.
- the search engine is accessible from each page.
- the links to the major sections of the site are provided on each page.
Short cut links
The light version of the site offers a number of links for quick and direct access to:
- the content of the page;
- the general navigation menu (level 1);
- the navigation menu inside any given section
It is possible to browse through the site using the sole keyboard: the Tab key can be used to move from one link to another. Use the Enter key to validate.
A title is allocated to each link, to describe the link in detail, unless the text of the link gives a complete description of the target. To view the title, position the cursor or any other pointing device on the link text.
The time needed to download the site pages is reduced as much as possible.
However, to ensure optimum comfort of use, in particular when downloading certain documents, the consultation of the multimedia animations and the videos on the site, we recommend a high bandwith Internet connection.