Korsnäs AB is one of Sweden's leading board and paperboard manufacturers with operations completely based on renewable raw forest material.
Located near Gävle, Korsnäs AB.s mill produces 660,000 t/year of unbleached and bleached softwood pulp and bleached hardwood pulp for production of paperboard, paper and fluff pulp.
- find a partner to take care of sludge dredging, dewatering and final drying.
- avoid additional investment in sludge handling facilities that would only operate during certain periods of the year.
- secure third-party expertise to make up for a shortage of in-house resources and experience.
Top of the page
In response to Korsnäs AB's needs, Aquaflow (a Veolia Water Solutions & Technologies' company) provided a process solution for dewatering of dredged sludge and installed the following equipment:
- two heavy-duty gravity tables ( AF-Table) for high hydraulic flows
- one AF-Belt twin wire press for sludge dewatering
- auxiliary equipment
In addition, Aquaflow is responsible for the operation and maintenance of the sludge dewatering plant and supply of all consumables.